These requirements are based on WPATH Standards of Care v.7 and are not generated by our office. As WPATH members we do follow these guidelines to move forward with consultations and surgery.
These are minimum standards and additional items could be requested or required on a case-by-case basis.
A minimum of 12 months HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) completion and physician documented letter(s) verifying the completion for the following procedures:
HRT Letter ALWAYS Required for:
* Vaginoplasty – Penile Inversion & Zero Depth
* Orchiectomy – w/ & w/o Scrotoplasty
* MTF Breast Augmentation – Implant based & Fat Grafting
* Hysterectomy & Salpingo-oophorectomy
HRT Letter SOMETIMES Required for:
* FTM Top Surgery – Double Incision, Keyhole & Nipple-free
(Some insurance policies will require HRT completion, we will advise when applicable.)
* Facial Feminization
* Other Gender Affirming Plastic Surgery Procedures
Fax: Attention- Dr. Gallagher (317) 968-1371
Mail: Attention- Dr. Gallagher, 545 Barnhill Dr. EH 232, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Please visit our website for further information at www.UniversityGenderAffirmationSurgery.com